Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's Good For You

I'm really, really trying to eat better. Less meat and bread, more fruits and veggies. I've always eaten breakfast, just not the healthiest kind and so (for the hundredth time) I am attempting to eat oatmeal in the morning.

This time I bought a hazelnut blend, added some water, cooked it in the microwave for a minute and a half and then added chopped almonds. First, I don't like cereal. Second, I don't like mushy food. Third, oatmeal has absolutely no color. Day one went pretty good but by the second day I couldn't even gag half of it down. Why does it have to taste like paper towels?

I thought about using my uneaten oatmeal to spackle some nail holes but it was too lumpy so I dumped it in the trash. The dog watched the whole thing and even he wasn't interested. Another fail but we happened to have some tasty oatmeal cookies and wasn't that a stroke of luck to get my daily dose of a filling breakfast after all?

6 comments:

  1. He's mine, bee-utch! I called him the first time I saw him on Masterpiece Theatre a zillion years ago. Mine, I tell you! Mine! Mine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ellen, I saw an interview w/him yesterday and swoon..........until he told the story of meeting his wife. Stopped him dead in his tracks, love @ first sight. Well, shit, why'd he have to go and ruin it for me. They showed a picture - you and me, baby, ain't got a chance in hell :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the Actor's Studio interview they aired on A&E last week, and she was there, sitting in the front row. She stood up and all the students clapped, politely, probably all throwing up a little in their mouths. And I was SOOOOO close to getting him for myself! I hate it when that happens!
    I found myself watching him closely after that for annoying tics and habits, such as scratching his privates or picking his nose. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree...that oatmeal stuff just looks nasty. Thank you for never turning us onto that! Stick to the carbs...bagels and cinnamon bread, yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe two of us equal one of her in the height department and probably other ways as well....like looks and talent. I bet we've got her beat in personality, though. Or not :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. As for oatmeal, you need to add whole lot of nuts and stuff to make it interesting,and as for colin who I am sure you were talking about with Ellen, HE'S MINE and I will kill for him. I don't care if his wife is a 10, she does NOT DESERVE HIM.

    ReplyDelete