Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birding & Writing

This has been an uneventful writing week for me.  Not much kicking around, not sure what to do about that and not sure if I'm even a writer soooo.........when Fancy Nancy gave me this ticket the other day and said let's go out, I did the happy dance.



This is the second time I've seen Anne Lamott and whether she's talking about birthday cake or writing discipline, she's a deep sigh of satisfaction.  I wanted to write down everything she said, but she's such a great speaker that to do that while she's talking would be counterproductive.  I did make note of this, however, "The amount you know any day is sufficient."  How brilliant is that?




This book has been next to my bed for 10 years.  I'll pick it up and start reading and it's never failed to make me laugh and think and push me over hurdles.  When she signed it, I said something generic and dumb instead of saying, "Thank you you for writing this because every time I've picked it up, I got a shot of confidence and it's as if you knew my heart better than me."  If I said all that, though, I'd have started crying and then they'd have to call security cuz that starts getting creepy and stalkerish.

Guardian angels come in all sizes.  Mine's a white chick with dreadlocks who knows a whole lot about substance abuse, has a wicked sense of humor and is so spiritual and honest when she writes that she makes me want to step it up a notch.

1 comment:

  1. It was awesome to hear her in person - such a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete