Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dear Abby

Mallie Bee is in a crossroad with her dance classes.  Her long-time instructors are moving on and if she wants to pursue this as a career, we need to get her in another place.  We made a visit to a new studio with tougher requirements and expectations.  I was impressed.  However, I dance like this..........


That leaves me to be of little help.  I also am not the one who will be taking the lessons.

I was discussing all of this with Teacher Girl, telling her I needed to keep my advice to a minimum because if I push too hard in any direction it will backfire.  Teacher Girl said, "That's crazy.  I ask you for advice all the time.  You always give me good advice."

This is how moms lose their minds.  They go through middle school, high school and beyond suppressing every reaction to every hare-brained idea their kid comes up with.  You want to date him?  You do know that working at Forever 21 requires you to hang up clothes?  Your friend is selling what car?   Just when you think you've mastered that, your kid grows up and acknowledges that maybe you aren't a moron after all, and sometimes when you come across a kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

No comments:

Post a Comment