Monday, July 18, 2011

Trespassers

Right before bed, I went downstairs to take my medicine.  Three spoonfuls of vanilla ice cream right out of the carton.  The Lion King was standing dead still looking out the back door.  Staring right back at him on the other side of the door was a RACCOON.....on the screened-in porch, snacking from the metal container of dog food that he pried open with his raccoon fingers.  I called BD to come rescue the homestead from this varmint assault.  First, though, I put away the medicine cuz we're both supposed to be eating better.  Everybody in the house came running for an up close and personal look at The Dog Food Bandit, but he skedaddled before anyone else saw him.

The next afternoon, deposited on the mat on the screened-in porch was a dead chipmunk, courtesy of the Lion King.  Oh geez, that kind of stuff makes me barfy so I got the Boy Child to take away the remains and left to go to J. Jill for some retail therapy for my jittery nerves.  It was too early to take my medicine.

While I was gone, Sylvester and Tweety had an altercation.  Three adults in the house and nobody notices there's a bar fight with feathers flying everywhere on the porch but me.  It's like the Wild Kingdom out there this summer and every time I open the door, I have no idea what I'm going to find.



1 comment:

  1. Are you sure it wasn't Ricky Raccoon that left the dead Alvin on the mat? A "Thank You" for the tasty Tender Vittles.
    Please tell me that picture is photo shop... Creepy ;p
    Becca

    ReplyDelete