Thursday, August 25, 2011

Small Tall Grande


I'm not a fan of Starbucks and it's not because I don't think they're cool.  They own the cool factor between their product, their shop, even their musicMy cool brother and his wife go so often that they bought the employees on the early shift Christmas gifts.   I wonder if they gave them Starbucks gift cards ;)   My cool sister goes every day and passes along curly hair styling tips that she gets from the girl working behind the counter.

My problem with Starbucks is that they're always yelling at people.  Yelling your name and yelling your order as if you aren't standing right in front of them waiting for your coffee.  What's with all the yelling?   Can't they say, oh, are you Nancy with the espresso?  Well, there you go Nancy.  Mellow, laid back, like a coffee shop should be. 

I worked at a shopping center that had a Starbucks and a bagel shop.  I bought my coffee at the deli counter at the grocery store.  It was from a local company and it cost a whopping 69 cents.  The old lady working the counter always looked like she was asleep or dead, and in two years of going there, not once did she smile or act like she'd ever seen me before.  Her customer service was average or below all the time, and mine would be too, if I smelled like salami every day.

But.......I liked her.  Not once while she was working her crappy job and I was about to clock into my crappy job, did she ever yell at me.  Separated by twenty years and a meat counter, we had a lot in common.  Two women doing time for The Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment