Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Out Of The Blue

The advantage of having a house smack dab on the corner is that it is prone to drive-bys.

That was the case last week when an old friend was riding by on her bike and decided to stop and say hello.  She was in my writers group for awhile, but dropped out and I really miss her input as she was a good problem solver in this writing thing.

She came to tell me that she was leaving her job with the school district, so if I was interested.................  I went on three interviews in the last year with the school district.  Each one I was qualified for and each time I got the "sorry but.........." call.  Three strikes and Sweet Jesus, give me some direction in this job thing because I've been flailing for a year.

We chatted about many things including being of a certain age that is not so employable as the years pass.  She looked around my house and said, "Why aren't you writing a blog about decorating?''   I've thought about it and done a little bit here, but full-on, how-to, before and after...............haven't gone there.

"Well, it's about time you did," she said.  "You're creative, talented and you know how to write.  You have big things on your horizon.  I've always thought that about you."

Oh. My. Goodness.  Could there be a more stellar start to my day than to have a friend drop by and say that?  This corner house that I loved from the minute I saw it keeps giving back, and maybe Sweet Jesus sent a messenger to my door to point me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment