Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year

I have never been one to make New Year's resolutions.   This is due to a combination of arrogance (what do I possibly need to change about me????) to laziness (there's so much wrong with me I don't know where to start).  I've been thinking a lot about resolving some things and so my 2013 mantra is...........


Pay attention.


Pay attention to.....................

1.  What I spend.  If it's on sale or at the thrift store and I am madly in love with the price point then I need to walk away. 

2.  What I eat.  My tank is compromised with sugar.

3.  What I say.  Though snarky runs in my blood, it's not necessary to haul it out for every occasion. 

4.  To creative urges.  I have traded the joy of being creative for a paycheck.  There is a balance to be struck and I need to find it.

5.  To wasting time.  When I have a day off, I need to not surf the computer most of the day and instead work on #1 thru #4.

6.  To listening more than talking.


A new year, another dance around the sun and a fresh start............lucky be thy name.


2 comments:

  1. love that mantra for the year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kathy !
    Looking forward to another year of great stories .

    ReplyDelete